Grill and Hotline Cook
Positions Open (3): LINE COOK, PREP COOK, SAUTE AND GRILL COOK
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications
- Must maintain personal hygiene in accordance to Fairfax Health Department standards for Food Service Employees.
NO CALLS, EMAIL ONLY
* Please download the application and attach the filled application to the form below.